EARL GREY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- 12 oz good quality dark chocolate – Approx. 70%- 85% Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 4 bags Senok Earl Grey Black Tea bags
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Chop up chocolate into shards and place in a bowl with the coconut oil.
- In a saucepan over high heat bring the coconut milk to a low simmer with the Senok Earl Grey Black Tea bags. Once simmering, reduce heat to medium and stir softly.
- Once the coconut milk has turned brown (about 5-6 minutes) pour mixture over the chopped chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir until creamy and melted. Stir in the salt.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on the top of the chocolate mixture to prevent a film from forming.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, place it in the refrigerator for two hours or the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to assemble, take the chilled chocolate out and bring it back to room temperature for a few minutes. This will make it easier to scoop.
- Using a spoon or a melon baller scoop out little balls of chocolate and shape them into a ball. Dust with cacao powder.
- Makes up to 30 truffles.
- Can be stored up to 1 week in the refrigerator.