- 2 cups of your favourite Senok black tea (Flavoured work well too) strongly brewed and cooled to room temperature
- 2 packets (1/2 an ounce) powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
Senok Black Tea Rose, Senok Black Tea Forest Fruits work very well
For a festive spin- You can make this with apple cinnamon and serve wth a brandy cream or ginger ice cream.
- Brush a 4-cup mold or bowl lightly with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the tea and let it soften for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put a kettle on to boil. When the water boils, measure out 1½ cups and stir in the sugar until it dissolves. Add the tea and gelatin and stir until the gelatin dissolves, about a minute.
- Carefully pour the liquid into the mold and refrigerate for several hours, until set. To unmold the tea jelly, set it in a bowl of very hot water for about 30 seconds, place a serving plate over the top, hold your breath, and flip. If you don’t hear a squelching noise, followed by a plop, jiggle the mold a little. Once it’s safely on the plate, decorate the edges of the gelatin mold with berries or whatever else you’d like, parade it into the dining room and serve with heavy cream or vanilla ice cream on the side.